This policy statement outlines your privacy rights regarding what information we collect, where, when and how that information is collected, used, stored or shared and how we protect that information.
At Stacktics, we understand that by accepting to use our services, website or any of our product offerings, you provide some information voluntarily, while we get others based on your settings, and privacy policies.
This Statement of Privacy therefore addresses Stacktics’ data collection and usage governance. We strongly advise that you go through it, because by accepting to proceed with the use of our services and products, you give consent for your data to be managed as detailed in this statement.
Summarily, Stacktics commits to the following:
- Stacktics will collect only necessary information required for the direct provision of services.
- Stacktics will endeavor to ensure that clients and users have the option to choose to share their information, and opt-out at any time even if information has been previously shared.
- Implement security plans and procedures that are as a minimum in compliance with the requirements of ISO27001, and where required, stringent enough to ensure appropriate protection of customers data and prevent unauthorized access and dissemination.
- Dissemination/release of client information to any entity other than the data/information owner and as detailed in sections of this Privacy statement shall be only by constitutional law or to a regulatory agency with the full legal backing of the law.
For the purpose of this document, the following are clearly addressed below:
- Personal Information
- General Information
- Information Use
- Opt-Out of Providing Certain Information
- Privacy of Children
- Updates for SaaS Products
A. Personal information
Information including but not limited to name, address, email, phone number, and location are all categorized as personal information. Stacktics endeavors to limit the need to provide this information beyond those listed, and understands the need to keep all personal information confidential.
This information is provided when you fill in the contact us form on our website, provide access to your backend infrastructure, share information with us on projects and initiatives, and sign up for the use of any of our SaaS products.
Where personal information will be collected, tracked or used, Stacktics commits to inform clearly and provide a choice for our clients to give consent for information gathering, tracking or use. Kindly note that for some of the services we provide, in order to satisfy the requirements of global and regional data regulations, we may require access to your geo-location. At every stage, you have the right to withdraw consent, however, where consent has not been given or withdrawn, it may affect the quality or availability of certain service scopes.
B. General Information
Information including IP address, OS type, number of times you have visited the website, response to targeted emails among others are categorized as general information. When you request technical support online, we will ask you for information necessary to complete the process such as company affiliation, information about your service offering, software, and the nature of the problem you are experiencing. The choice to provide this information remains yours, however, this may make it impossible to proceed with the process.
Other information gathered when you use some of our services, include log/technical information automatically gathered and stored by our servers like information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website, links you have clicked on, length of visit on certain pages, unique device identifier, log-in information, location and other device details.
C. Information Use
All information collected is solely for internal use only.
- We use your information to create and manage any accounts you may have with us, verify your identity, provide tiered services and respond to your inquiries
- Protect against unauthorized access to your account
- Evaluate your requests, interest in joining Stacktics workforce, identify services or initiatives you are interested in, communicate about the status of your account, our products and opportunities
- Introduce new products, services, tools, initiatives and targeted Ads
- When required by applicable laws and regulations, compliance and risk assessment, we will provide information to the applicable bodies, subject to the request being within the constitutional and statutory requirements of the country of data domiciliation. In such situations, Stacktics will disclose your personal information, without notice, in the good faith and belief that such action is necessary to:
- confirm to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on Stacktics
- protect and defend Stacktics’ rights or property; and
- act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of Stacktics, or the general public.
Stacktics does not sell, rent or lease our customer information to any third parties. We may contact you on behalf of our service provider (Google) about new technologies or services.
Stacktics does not use subcontractors or third parties in the management of customer data outside of the services directly provided by Google. Where a customer requires the physical destruction of information media, Stacktics defaults to customers being responsible for the physical destruction of their own information media.
D. Opt out of providing certain information
- You may see a prompt to make a choice regarding providing us your information. If you do not see this prompt or option, and are in a page that requires you to input personal information, please contact Stacktics using any of the communication options at the end of this document
- If you are using a version of one of our products without options to choose a communication preference, please use one of the communication options at the bottom of this statement.
- If you will like to unsubscribe from receiving emails about offers, newsletters and promotions, kindly follow the directions for ‘Unsubscribe’ at the bottom of the email you received, or use any of the communication options putting”Unsubscribe” in the subject line of the email.
E. Privacy of Children
Stacktics is concerned about and fully committed to the safety of children when they use the internet, and protecting their privacy needs even as we encourage parents and guardians to take an active role in the online activities and interests of their children.
Stacktics does not knowingly collect personal information of children under the age of 13 or any age applicable by law in the region of data domiciliation as a minor. If it becomes flagged that a minor has used and therefore has had their information collected by Stacktics via our website, such personal information will be immediately removed from our records.
F. Updates for SaaS Products
Stacktics is committed to improving the versions of our software. These updates typically will include provision of new features, improvement on existing features, bug fixes, and correction of operational defects. As part of the operational changes, Stacktics may collect some general information which may include, but not be limited to a statistically unique number (not a Windows GUID), serial numbers, IP address, type of operating system, number of users, software usage, relevant file association, user action logs, installation and update versioning and control information.
These information are collected to:
- Better understand the usage patterns of our products, and help us provide timely and relevant updates.
- Plan and forecast server loads, upgrade patterns, licensing, and purchasing patterns.
- Collate statistics about how our software, website, and update services are used so that the best possible support may be curated for customers.
Security measures to protect client data have been implemented which include among others, technology and security procedures to protect your data from misuse, reduce accidental deletion, destruction or loss, unauthorized access, disclosure, copying or alteration.
In addition, we leverage Google’s highly efficient and secure servers, firewalls, and data encryption, while implementing an organizational RBAC system, granting access only to employees in order to fulfill their job responsibilities.
Stacktics websites utilize “cookies” to help you better personalize your online experience. It is important to state at this point that cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. Cookies are uniquely assigned to each user, and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you. A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard disk by a Web page server.
Cookies have several advantages, chief of which is to provide a convenience feature to save you time. To do this, cookies record the information you had input, and tell the Web server that you have returned to a specific page you had previously visited. Since you are returning to the same page, the information you previously provided can be retrieved and entered for you, or used to return selections you have preferred and customize your user experience.
Kindly note, certain interactive features may become unavailable when you opt-out as cookies are required to perform some of the actions.
I. Customer Support and Discussion Information
All information you submit for purposes of customer or product support in the discussion group or forum is deemed public information and is not confidential. Such information can be collected and used by others. If you have posted such information in error and require it to be removed, please contact Stacktics using any of the communication options at the end of this document.
Privacy Contact Information
If you have any questions or comments regarding this policy, please contact
Or via email at: